Saturday, March 27, 2010

Divine Intervention: My first Natural Hair Care Visit!!

Apparently my previous post made it appear that I was on uppers because everyone was interested in the outcome of my visit! So for your reading pleasures here you go!

I walked into my 1:30 appointment around 1:20 where the Manager informed me I could go straight back, shockingly. I literally have never had that happen, in all my years of having my hair done professionally. I was greeted my the same enthusiastic young lady who gave me a consultation the day before. She informed me that she was going to do a deep condition,a hot oil treatment, trim, to begin the restoration process.

After the preface she got to work, obviously beginning with the deep conditioning. She engaged in light conversation and informed about every single product she would be using and its purpose. In between conditioning she also "massaged" the knots out of my hair so the combing process wouldn't be too abrasive. Afterwards she placed me under the dryer with a towel on my head. She explained that because my hair is mostly curly, it loses moisture easily, and the towel would retain the nutrients of the oik treatment she based in my scalp. Noticing it would be difficult to cut my hair in its natural state, she decided it would have to be lightly blown, to give its past due trim. Before she began to apply the light heat, she combed my hair from the ends, then to the scalp. Astonishingly only 2 strokes were needed to sufficiently smoothly move my hands through my hair. (SUITE!!)

To her surprise, my hair was significantly longer on one side, than the other. Thankfully she gave me an option to slowly trim it into a consistent length or let it all go now, I opted for the latter. Like I said to her, its a psychological attachment. Anywho, after she straightened, she proceeded to knot it, neatly, and sat me under the dryer, and I took the responsibility of taking the knots out. It was a little more difficult than I thought, and I didn't get the knots loose when I first took them out, but I was happy with the results.

----BEFORE!!




Pre Shaken After!! (Discard the part lol)

Overall the experience was enjoyable,affordable, and I am excited about going back. If your ever in Columbus please check her out!!




Thanks Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment